RECIPE: CURRY CHICKEN KAPITAN
1 small soup bowl of shallots
10 pcs of garlics
8 buah keras (candle nuts)
3 stalk of lemon grass
1 thump size lenkus
Grind the above ingredients individually or buy it from the Market Rempah(chilli) stall
RM1.00 Rempah or chilli
1 and a half square pcs of belacan
1 package of Alagappa’s Turmeric Powder
Mixed the above ingredients together.
1 whole chicken
Santan(coconut milk) or fresh milk
5 kaffir lime leafs, finely shredded
1. Marinate the chicken with soya sauce and pepper for at least 2 hours
2. Heat up cooking oil and pan fry the marinate chicken, remember pan fry only, take it out from the wok and put it aside.
3. Heat up the oil in a wok until hot then add all the above mixed up ingredients and stir well till fragrant.
4. Add in the pan fried chicken, stir well together with the ingredients, add in the santan, lime juice and the kaffir lime leafs and gently simmer until the chicken are fully cooked, stirring occasionally. Add some sugar or chicken cube if desire.
5. Remove the wok from the heat and ready to be served.